Monday, August 11, 2008

My grandbabies!





















I don't have anything profound or entertaining to write about, but I haven't written for a while, so I'll just drop in and leave this picture here. I'm not sure anyone is really reading this anyway, but here it is. Yesterday, Sunday, we had our monthly extended family FHE. While we were all there, and before the men left for a stake priesthood meeting, I herded all the grandkids out to the back yard for a group picture. The last time I had a group grandchildren picture was 4 grandkids ago, so it was time for an update. The oldest, Katie, is 15-1/2 and counting the days until she can get her license. The youngest, Micah, will be 1 in November. There are currently 29 members in our family, so family gatherings are pretty crazy. All of us have pretty small homes, so family get-togethers are very "cozy." It has been so beautiful here lately -- sunny, low humidity, blue skies, fluffy white clouds. I have almost finished the yearly cleaning of my office in preparation for the new school year. But, that's about all I've accomplished. This has not been a very productive summer for me at all. My pain level has kept me down a lot, I'm afraid. But the wonderful thing is, my family doesn't care. I mean, my grandkids still think I'm the greatest person on earth, even if I can't walk very well. That is one thing I am so very grateful for -- my family makes me feel so loved. And sometimes I am not very lovable. They are all so forgiving, so gracious, and so affectionate. Yesterday during our FHE lesson, we were given sheets of paper with a family member's name on each page. We were supposed to write positive comments about that person on their page. Then every person got to take home their page of positive comments. It was interesting and heart-warming reading the comments my kids had written on mine. You'd think I was a Mormon Mother Theresa or something. At the bottom, my son had written a short, but interesting comment -- I knew exactly who had written it. So, at lunch today I said, "I noticed you wrote 'Mary Poppins' on my sheet." He said, "Well?? That kinda says it all, doesn't it? -- 'Practically perfect in every way'." I nearly choked on my drink, but I had to laugh. Practically perfect?? Far from it. But I am so thankful that my children see me that way. (*sigh*) This must be what heaven will be like -- only without the pain.

3 comments:

Whacky Wheelers said...

What an incredible family!! You must be so proud. I just want to know how you got them to sit so perfectly still?!! I love your blog!! Keep writing!! Good luck with the cleaning too. I don't think I'm going to get anything done until Matthew gets back to school. I told him yesterday that I was waiting for him to go back to school so that I could stay home and play on the Wii all day!! LOL!

Anna said...

What a good looking group of kids! I have the most awesome nieces and nephews.
I know I don't always comment, but I do love reading your blog entries. :) Love, Anna

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

You have an amazing family! What a lucky women you are! Oh, by the way your application has been accepted and you are now officially on my blog list! Congratulations!

blogger templates | Make Money Online